XAT Registration 2024 - Latest Updates
XAT Registration 2024 is open now. Registration for XLRI programmes through GMAT/GRE are also open, last date is December 31, 2023.
The official website for XAT 2024 registration is xatonline.in. XAT Registration process includes creating login id, filling the application form, upload documents, and pay the application fee online.
XAT Registration 2024: Candidates meeting the minimum eligibility criteria for XAT exam, i.e. a 3 years bachelor’s degree from a recognized university can fill XAT Application Form. Check XAT 2024 Eligibility Criteria
XAT Application fee has been increased from INR 1800 to INR 2100. For every additional XLRI program chosen, a fee of INR 200 will be charged. It must be noted that XLRI will not offer any relaxation in XAT Application fee for candidates belonging to the reserved categories (SC/ ST/ PwD).
|XAT 2023 Question Paper with Solutions
|XAT 2022 Question Paper with Solutions
- While filling XAT application form, there is an option to select 2 XAT Exam Centers from the list of 70+ test cities.
- To complete XAT Registration, documents like photograph & signature will have to be uploaded. Read XAT 2023 Document Upload Guidelines
- Every year about 90,000+ candidates register for XAT exam. As per the official exam notification, XAT 2024 exam date is January 7, 2024.
XAT 2024 Exam Pattern and Syllabus is defined by XLRI, Jamshedpur. The question paper will have 100 MCQs and 1 Essay. Check XAT 2024 Exam Pattern & Syllabus
|Chat with Experts & Aspirants, get exclusive insights: Join XAT Exam Community
XAT Registration Last Date
XAT Registration Last Date is November 30, 2023. Candidates seeling admission in XLRI programmes through GATE/GRE can apply till December 30, 2023. XAT registration 2024 dates was announced on July 14, 2023 by XLRI Jamshedpur on its official website, xatonline.in.
Candidates can login to XAT account from the official website, xatonline.in. XAT registration 2024 is an online process which can be done from the official website only. Registration, application form fill up and payment of fees are the steps to follow after login in to XAT account.
XAT Registration Date 2024
|XAT Official Notification
July 14, 2023
|XAT Registration Date
July 15, 2023 (Open)
|XAT registration Last Date
November 30, 2023
|Last date for XAT Application through GMAT/ GRE
December 31, 2023
|XAT Exam Date
|January 7, 2024
|XAT 2020 Question Paper with Solutions
|XAT 2019 Question Paper with Solutions
|XAT 2018 Question Paper with Solutions
XAT Registration 2024: Documents Required to Fill XAT Application Form
Before students fill up XAT Application Form, they must keep the following documents ready in the right form.
|Bank details (credit card, debit card, or net banking) for payment of XAT Application Form Fee
|Experience certificate from the employer or letter of recommendation to prove work experience if any (for programs where work experience is mandatory)
XAT Application Form: Important Terms to Familiar With
In order to understand each stage properly and avoid any possible errors while XAT Registration 2023, candidates must be familiar with the following terminologies:
- New User Registration: Applicable for first-time registrations. Name, email, mobile number, and password must be entered to start the application process.
- Registered Candidate Login: Candidates who have already provided the data mentioned above can log in and start applying anytime using their credentials.
XAT Registration 2024: Important Instructions
Keep the following points in mind before filling XAT application form online
- Use a good browser's latest version (Google Chrome, Firefox, or Microsoft Edge).
- Clear cache before starting with the application process for XAT 2024 exam.
- Use a desktop or laptop. Avoid using mobile phones or tablets to fill XAT application form.
- Make sure your internet is stable with optimum speed to complete XAT registration 2024 without any hassles.
- Do not fill out the form in a hurry as there will be no form correction facility.
- Do not wait for the last moment to apply to avoid any technical failures.
XAT Registration 2024: Steps to Apply
Candidates should note that the complete process of filling XAT Application Form 2024 is online. A few steps have to be followed to ensure successful registration for XAT 2024 exam. Given below are the detailed steps for filling XAT Application form.
Step 1: Generation of User ID and Password
- Visit the official website of XAT i.e. xatonline.in
- Click on the "Register" tab.
- Enter your name, contact details, and email id and click on submit to generate user ID and Password.
- Note down your provisional XAT ID & Password sent on email and SMS for further correspondence.
- In case the candidates do not receive their XAT ID and Password, then they must follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Check the spam folder in the email.
- Call Helpline Numbers +91 657 665 3203 and +91 657 665 3204
- Write about the issue at the official emailid.
How to Retrieve Forgotten Password?
XAT 2024 exam conducting body XLRI, Jamshedpur will provide an opportunity to candidates to retrieve their forgotten login credentials in case they lose the same. It's quite common to do so, thus candidates are generally advised to save the password somewhere on mail draft or drive or write it down.
- Visit the official website and navigate to the ‘forgot password’ tab.
- Enter email id and password used at the time of registration.
- A captcha will be provided, mention that, and click on “get password”.
- Your credentials will be emailed to the mentioned id.
Step 2: Filling XAT Application Form 2024
Login on the official website using XAT login credentials generated in the above-mentioned step. Candidates will be required to fill in a lot of important information like personal details, academic qualifications, work experience, exam city preferences, program details, etc. while filling out XAT Registration 2024. Detailed steps for filling XAT 2024 Application form are given below:
- Click on Login and enter your XAT ID and Password.
- Now the candidate has to fill all the mandatory fields that are personal details like Name, Date of Birth, Parents Name, Category, Nationality, etc.
- Candidates need to provide valid contact address details which include:
- Permanent Address
- Current Residence
- State and District
- Emergency Contact Details
Uploading of Documents:
Candidates will be required to upload the below-mentioned documents in the specified dimension and size during this step of filling XAT 2024 Application Form:
|Dimension and Size
After clicking on the ‘Save and Submit’ tab post the uploading of documents mentioned above, candidates will be taken to a new window to fill in their academic details.
- The candidates are required to provide the aggregate %age of marks, marks obtained, maximum marks, board name, year of passing for
- 10th standard
- 12th standard
- Post-graduation, if any.
- Details of other academic qualifications and professional degrees like CA, CS, etc. held by a candidate need to be provided.
- Enter other mandatory fields and press Save and Continue.
- Candidates can convert their CGPA into Percentages using this formula.
- CGPA * 9.5 = %age of marks
Work Experience Details
It is not mandatory to provide work experience details in XAT Registration form. However, candidates possessing relevant work experience after graduation must add the same.
- Enter the details of Work experience (till Mar 31, 2024)
- Only Full-time work experience after graduation will be considered valid.
- Industrial Training, workshops, part-time jobs, etc will not be considered as relevant work experience.
Selection of Program
- Select the program of your choice from the given options:
- Business Management (BM)
- Human Resource Management (HRM)
- Fellow Management Programme.
- Candidates who are not interested in applying for XLRI programs can skip this step.
- Along with the selection of programs, candidates also need to choose the desired Campus for each selected program.
Selection of XAT Test City preferences
- Candidates need to select their exam city preferences for XAT 2024.
- Candidates will be allowed to choose 2 cities from the given list of XAT Test cities for 2024.
- Candidates must keep in mind that test city preference can be changed only once before the closure of XAT Registration process.
Step 3: XAT Registration Fee Payment
- Before making the online fee payment, candidates are advised to review their forms once.
- Candidates can select their preferred method for online payment viz. credit card, debit card, internet banking, etc.
- After successful payment of XAT Application fee, candidates will get a confirmation regarding the successful submission of XAT 2024 Registration form.
- Under no circumstances should a candidate press the back or refresh button during the online payment process.
|XAT Registration Fee
|INR 2100 (+200 for candidates interested in XLRI programs)
|Indian Candidates applying for PGDM(GM) through GMAT/GRE
|NRI/Foreign Candidates applying for one or more programs through GMAT
XAT 2024 Application Fee Payment: Important Points
- When the successful payment of XAT 2024 application fee is made an e receipt will be generated. In case it is not generated then it indicates failure of XAT Application fee payment.
- Candidates have to log in again using their credentials and make the fee payment again.
- Print out of the fee receipt should be kept as proof along with the application form for XAT 2024.
- Print out of confirmation page for future correspondence is necessary.
Acceptable Modes of Payment
|RuPay Debit Card
|Visa Debit Card
|Master Card / Maestro Debit Cards
Step 4: Confirmation of Successful XAT Registration
This is the last step in XAT Registration. On successful payment of the application fee, candidates will receive a confirmation message on their respective phone number and email id regarding the successful completion of XAT Registration 2024. Candidates need to keep this email for future correspondence and it should not be deleted at any cost.
XAT Registration: Document Upload Guidelines (Photo & Signature)
Candidates will be required to upload all the documents in XAT Application form 2024 as per the guidelines provided by XLRI.
XAT Registration 2024: Photo Upload Guidelines
|The photo must be a recent passport-sized photograph in JPG/ JPEG format not older than 6 months.
|Photos with Black or Dark backgrounds or landscape images must be avoided.
|The photo must have a light-color background, preferably white-colored.
|Ensure that there is no red-eyed photo or a photo with a flash.
|Look straight into the camera. The face should be clearly visible with all distinct features such as eyes, nose, hair, and forehead.
|Photographs with closed eyes will not be accepted. Also, there should be no reflection in the photo taken with eyeglasses.
|The file size should be between 20kb to 50kb
|Black and white photographs should not be uploaded.
|It is best to get the photo clicked in a studio by a professional.
|Photos with any type of accessories like hats, caps, sunglasses, etc., should be avoided. However, religious headwear can be worn.
XAT Registration 2024: Signature Upload Guidelines
|Sign on white paper with a black-ink pen
|The scanned image of the signature should not be blurred or pixelated.
|The signature must be in the running hand and should be clearly visible in the uploaded image.
|Do not overwrite the signature.
|The file size should be between 20kb to 50kb. The recommended dimensions are 140 x 60 pixels.
|The uploaded sign will be put on your admit card. So, do not make any errors while signing.
XAT Registration 2024: Document Scanning Guidelines
Guidelines for Scanning Documents for XAT Registration:
- Setup camera resolution to a minimum of 200 dpi (dots per inch). Colour should be set to True color’
- The photo should be against a light-colored, preferably white background.
- Crop images in the scanner to the edge of photograph/ signature- use the upload editor to crop the image to final size.
- Images should be in JPG or JPEG format for example image01.jpg or image01.jpeg.
- Candidates can easily get desired image size not exceeding 80kb by using MS Paint or MS Office Picture Manager.
- Scanned images can be saved using the “save as” option and cropped or resized using the specific options.
XAT Registration 2024: Important Points to Remember
- Only after successful registration candidates will be able to log in with the ID and Password generated.
- XAT scores will help you in getting admission to the MBA program in XLRI, XIME, and in various other B Schools.
- Before the final submission of the application form, carefully review it for any errors. No changes are possible once the form is submitted.
- After online fee payment, an e-receipt will be generated for the reference of the candidate.
- During the payment process do not press the back or refresh button.
- The images should be as per the specifications mentioned by the authorities. If your image does not match the specifications then you will not be able to upload them.
- Candidates are suggested to keep all the necessary information and documents ready beforehand.
- Exam city preference can be edited only once before the last date of XAT Registration 2024.
- Once XAT application portal is closed, city preference cannot be edited.
XAMI Member Institutes For XAT 2024
XAT Registration 2024 FAQs
Ques. How to retrieve XAT Application Number and Password?
Ans. To retrieve XAT Application Number, candidates can check their email for XAT registration ID. To retrieve XAT password, follow the below steps:
- Go to the website and enter the login window
- Select “forgot password”.
- It asks you for a captcha and the email id that you used to register. The email linked to XAT registration is only validated.
- The new password or the new reset password link will be emailed to this ID.
If one does not receive the registration number and password, they must check the spam/junk folder. If the mail still cannot be located, contact email@example.com mentioning your email ID. Candidates can also call the helpline numbers: +91 657 665 3203 and +91 657 665 3204.
Ques. How to apply for XLRI and other Associate Member Institutes?
Ans. To apply for XAT Member Institutes, follow the below steps:
- Visit the official website i.e. xatonline.in
- Obtain the application form after registering online post fee payment
- For further details, visit individual websites of the institutes
- Please note that each institution independently decides the weightage to be given for each of the test components on the basis of its needs.
- XLRI does not play any role in the selection of candidates in these institutes. For XAT Associate Member Institutes (refer XAT Associate Institutes website).
Ques. How much does XAT cost?
Ans. XAT registration fee is INR 2100. But candidates who are interested in XLRI courses are required to pay an additional amount of INR 200.
Ques. What is xat registration last date?
Ans. XAT registration started on 15 July 2023. Students can apply for XAT exam till November 30, 2023. Registration for XLRI programmes through GMAT/GRE is also open till December 30, 2023.
Ques. Can I get into XLRI without XAT?
Ans. No, you cannot get direct admission to XLRI. XLRI accepts XAT and GMAT scores for admission to master-level management courses.
Ques. How to register for XLRI?
Ans. Follow the given steps to register for XLRI:
- Visit the XAT official website, xatonline.in.
- Register first by providing asked details like email id.
- Next, complete the verification process
- Login into your XAT account and fill up XAT application form.
- Pay your XAT registration fee of INR 2100.
- Download the receipt and save it for future use.
Ques. By registering and paying for XAT 2024, am I eligible for XLRI and other Associate Member Institutes?
Ans. Candidates interested in XLRI need to apply for the programs of their choice. Please note that each institution independently decides the weightage to be given for each of the test components on the basis of its needs. XLRI does not play any role in the selection of candidates in these institutes. For XAT Associate Member Institutes (refer XAT Associate Institutes website) XAT is a common test for admission into academic programs of XLRI.
Ques. I have done 5 years integrated course, so how will I enter my percentage?
Ans. Candidates who have done 5 years integrated course can fill up the same percentage for graduation and post-graduation.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.