Is CAT 2023 Registration Open?
CAT 2023 registration are now closed. CAT application form 2023 last date was September 21, 2023 (11 AM). To register for CAT 2023, candidates need to visit the official IIM CAT website- iimcat.ac.in, create user id and password, fill CAT registration form, and pay CAT registration fees.
- 15 November, 2023 : Solve Important CAT Questions from Previous Years, Download PDFs Here
- 15 November, 2023 : Ideal Attempts to Score 90, 95 and 99+ Percentile in CAT 2023, Check!
- 14 November, 2023 : CAT 2023 Official Mock Test Link Activated, Attempt Here
Candidate needs a scanned photograph, signature, category certificate, and disability certificate at the time of filling out CAT application form. Check CAT 2023 Document Upload Guidelines
CAT Registration Last Date 2023
CAT Registration 2023 last date is now September 21, 2023 (11 AM). CAT registration last date is fixed by IIM in the beginning of the application process. Check Mistakes to Avoid During CAT Registration for Error Free Application
|Chat with Experts & Aspirants, get exclusive insights: Join CAT Exam Community
CAT Registration 2023: Latest Changes
The latest changes introduced in CAT registration process include:
Verification OTP on both Email ID and Mobile Number: This year, candidates will receive 2 OTPs for verification- one on the provided email id and the other on the mobile number entered in CAT registration form.
Some CAT exam cities clubbed: IIM Lucknow has clubbed a few test cities this year. The list of CAT exam cities clubbed this year include:
- Gurugram and Faridabad
- Noida and Greater Noida
Candidates can choose 6 CAT 2023 test city preferences while filling the application form. Check State-wise List of CAT Exam Cities 2023
Increase in CAT registration fees: Like every year, IIM has increased CAT 2023 application fees to INR 2400 and INR 1200 for GN/ EWS/ OBC and SC/ ST/ PwD categories respectively. Read More
CAT photo size and dimensions: CAT photo size and dimensions mentioned in the official notification is now 1200 x 1200 pixels. The file size should be below 1 MB as per the latest updates. Check Free Photo Size Reducer
Work Experience after Graduation Calculated in Number of Days: Your work experience will be automatically calculated in the number of days worked instead of number of months.
CAT 2023 registration window extended for 8 more days post Sep 13, 2023: Like last year, CAT registration window is extended by 7 days this year.
With CAT notification released on July 30, candidates must begin preparing for the exam as per the latest pattern and syllabus. As per the revised CAT Exam Pattern, the question paper will have 66 MCQs to be attempted in 120 minutes.
CAT Registration Dates 2023
Candidates must ensure that they stay updated with the important dates for CAT 2023. After the release of CAT application forms, candidates must register as soon as possible to get the exam city and center of their choice. Given below are CAT 2023 Exam Dates.
|CAT Registration Start Date
|August 2, 2023 (10 AM)
|CAT Registration Last Date (Extended)
September 21, 2023 (11 AM)
|CAT 2023 Form Correction
|Fourth week of September 2023
|CAT Exam Date 2023
|November 26, 2023
CAT Registration Number
CAT 2023 application process comprises of three steps: new user registration, CAT 2023 Login, and application form. CAT registration number is generated in the first stage of candidate registration. CAT registration number is the most important credential to complete CAT application process, to edit the submitted form during the correction window, and to download all the essentials like Admit Card, Score Card later on. Forgot CAT User ID/ Password? Check How to Retrieve Here
CAT Registration 2023: Highlights
|Can I register for CAT 2023 now?
|You can register for CAT 2023 after the application window opens in the first week of August 2023
|CAT Registration 2023 last date
September 21, 2023 (11:00 AM)
|CAT registration official website
|CAT 2023- New candidate registration
|New candidates first need to create their CAT login details by filling basic information- name, date of birth, email address, country, and mobile number.
|CAT login to fill application form
|Already registered can login to fill the CAT application form by using their User ID and password.
|Minimum eligibility to fill CAT form
|50% in graduation (45% for SC/ ST/ PwD)
|CAT exam registration fees
CAT Registration Official Website
For registration, CAT official website is iimcat.ac.in. There is no other alternative website to apply for CAT exam. iimcat.ac.in is the only official website for CAT registration 2023.
CAT Registration Requirements
CAT registration requirements are outlined in the registration details document released by IIM. CAT registration requirements include marksheets of class 10, 12, and graduation, passport-size photograph, signature, category certificates, disability certificates, and a valid online payment mode. Check CAT 2023 Registration Requirements
CAT Registration 2023: IIM Help Desk
In case you have any queries regarding CAT registration, application form, fee payment, or document uploading, you can contact the exam autorities via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via call on the toll free number 1800 210 8720 (9:00 am to 6:00 pm).
For all queries other than registration (like eligibility, category and disability certificates, etc.) you can contact the authorities via email at email@example.com or via call on the number +91-0522-6696676 (9:30 am to 5:30 pm).
CAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria
To register for CAT 2023 exam, you need to fulfill some basic eligibility criteria laid down by IIM. You must register for CAT exam only if you meet the eligibility criteria. CAT eligibility criteria is notified in the official notification released on July 31.
|There is no upper age limit to register for CAT exam.
|It is mandatory to have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
|Minimum Marks in Graduation
|50% for general candidates and 45% for reserved category candidates.
|No limit on the number of attempts for CAT exam. If you appeared for CAT 2022, 2021, 2020, etc., you can still register for CAT 2023.
|No prior work experience is required for CAT registration.
Documents Required for CAT Registration 2023
Before you start registering, make sure you keep these documents and information with you for the smooth completion of CAT registration process.
|Class 10 mark sheet
|Class 12 mark sheet
|Marksheet of graduation or equivalent diploma.
|Final year students need a mark sheet of the second year and final year certificate from college.
|Details of work experience, if any
|Scanned JPG/ JPEG images of signature and photograph
|Certificate of category scanned as PDF, in case applicable
|Online banking details to pay CAT application fees
|List of IIM programs you wish to apply for.
|List of preferences for CAT exam city
CAT Registration 2023: Photo Size Guidelines
Candidates will be required to upload all the documents in the CAT Application form as per the guidelines prescribed by the conducting body. CAT Photograph should not be more than 6 months old and should have a white background. Read More
|Required Documents for CAT Registration
|1200 X 1200 pixels
|.jpg or .jpeg
|<= 1 MB
|80mm X 35mm
|.jpg or .jpeg
|<= 80 Kb
|Self-attested Scanned Copy
|Self-attested Scanned Copy
CAT Registration 2023: Download Certificate and Document PDFs
There are certain documents and certificates that candidates need to download from the official CAT 2023 website. These official certificate PDFs are sourced from the official website and provided below for your ease. You need to enter the required information, self-attest it, and scan it to upload during CAT registration.
|Final Year Certificate
|SC/ ST Certificate
|Disability Certificate (PwD)- Form V
|Disability Certificate (PwD)- Form VI
|Disability Certificate (PwD)- Form VII
Section-wise CAT Exam Syllabus Topic Wise Weightage:
- CAT Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus
- CAT Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning Syllabus
- CAT Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning Syllabus
CAT Registration 2023 Guidelines Issued by IIM
Before registering for CAT 2023, candidates must go through the below-mentioned guidelines issued by IIM for ensuring error-free CAT registration:
- Ensure that you meet the minimum eligibility criteria to register for CAT 2023 to ensure non-cancellation of candidature later.
- Make sure that you have a valid email id and mobile number.
- Retain the details till the admission process is completed as all the communication will be done through this email ID and mobile number.
- The fields marked with an asterisk (*) must be mandatorily filled to submit CAT application form.
- You can log out and exit any number of times to edit and complete later till you finish all steps in CAT registration.
- Keep ready the information to fill the 6 sections of CAT application form- personal details, academic qualifications, work experience, test city, and programs.
- Don’t forget to fill the Scribe Affidavit form available on the CAT website if you need the services of a scribe of your choice.
- Ensure that on successful completion of CAT 2023 Application, you receive an email or SMS from CAT authorities regarding the same.
- Register afresh for CAT 2023 if you enter wrong details during basic registration for CAT login id and password.
Web Browsers for CAT 2023 Registration
Use the below-mentioned web browsers to ensure hassle-free completion of CAT 2023 registration:
|Mozilla Firefox (version 94 to 112)
|Google Chrome (version 88 to 113)
|Microsoft Edge (version 88 to 113)
CAT Registration Images
CAT registration images are provided on this page to give you an idea of what the process looks like each step. You can check the section on CAT registration process to get all the step-wise images. Using the CAT registration images available here, you can know what prerequisites are needed on your end to avoid any delays.
CAT 2023 Registration Process
Registration for CAT 2023 is completely online. It can be easily done by candidates at home provided they have a stable internet connection and a suitable device. The application process is simple and following a few guidelines and steps properly helps you fill the CAT application form with ease. Here are all the necessary steps for CAT Registration:
Step 1: Generation of ID and Password
- Visit the official website for CAT 2023 Application: iimcat.ac.in
- Under the “New Candidate Registration” section, click on the “Registration” tab for New User registration.
- A new window will open for generating User Id and password. Fill in the required information(Name, DOB, Mobile Number, Country, and Email Address) to generate an OTP.
- Enter the OTP and click on Validate OTP and submit after entering the Captcha Code.
- A declaration window will open. Select I Agree and submit.
- After submitting the details, a message on the registered mobile number containing the Password and an email containing the User ID will be sent.
- After successful completion of the above steps, your login details(User Id and password) will be generated for completion of further process of CAT 2023 Application.
Step 2: Filling the CAT Application form 2023
- Now log in with your credentials generated in the above part under the “Registered Candidate Login” section on the website to complete the registration for CAT 2023.
- A new window will open to fill the CAT Application form.
- Fill in Personal Details: Firstly, fill in the personal details such as category, gender, parents’ information, address of correspondence, etc.
- Enter emergency contact details: Candidates need to provide the emergency contact details that may be required in case of any emergencies.
- Uploading of CAT Documents
- Photograph and signature are mandatory for everyone but the other certificates will be uploaded if you have filled yes in those particular columns.
- Photograph and signature, NC-OBC/SC/ST, and PWD Certificates need to be uploaded. Check CAT 2023 Photo Size, Dimension, Format, and Other Details
- Fill in Academic Details:
- Fill in your Academic details for classes 10, 12, graduation, postgraduation, and other professional degrees.
- Mention your grades/ CGPA/ percentage of marks, board/ university, and other details.
- Work Experience Details:
- Enter the details of work experience if any.
- It is not a mandatory field.
- Select Programmes:
- Select the IIM programs of your preference.
- Select the city for the interview process.
- Test City:
- Choosing the Exam city is the most significant decision while filling the CAT 2023 Application form so that it is convenient for you in terms of travel time and distance.
- Choose 6 preferences very wisely on this page.
- The final allotment of CAT exam center will be subject to the availability of seats in that particular center.
- CAT 2023 exam center once allotted will not be changed under any circumstances.
Quick Links for CAT Preparation:
Step 3: Payment of CAT Registration Fees
The detailed guide for making payment of the Application fee is given below:
- Select the appropriate payment method from the list.
- Check the declaration box and Select I Agree.
- Click on the “Submit & Pay” button.
- You will be redirected to the payment gateway.
- Enter payment details as per your preference.
- After successful payment, you will receive a transaction number which you should note down.
CAT Registration Fee needs to be paid online only (Net banking, Credit Card, or Debit Card). The category-wise fee is given below:
|General/NC-OBC (Non-Creamy Layer Other Backward Classes)
|SC (Scheduled Caste)/ST (Scheduled Tribe)
|PwD (Persons with Disability)/DA (Differently Abled)
Additional Transaction Fee for CAT 2023
While paying online, this year there is no additional transaction processing charge
Step 4: Confirmation Email for Successful CAT Registration 2023
Once you have successfully submitted the fees, you will receive a confirmation email from the concerned CAT authorities regarding the successful submission of your CAT Application 2023. Please note that this email is very important for any further correspondence, so please do not delete it in any case.
Mistakes to avoid while filling CAT Application Form
The common mistakes to avoid while filling CAT Application Form are mentioned below:
- Use a laptop or desktop to apply for CAT 2023. Filling CAT application form on mobile devices should be avoided to reduce the chances of errors.
- However, if you are using mobile phones, make sure that it is either
- Android (version 4.0 and above) or
- iOS (version 11 and above)
- The official registration page at iimcat.ac.in specifically mentions the web browsers to be used for CAT exam registration. These are:
- Mozilla(94 to 112)
- Google chrome(88 to 113)
- Microsoft Edge(88 to 113)
- Enter the correct email ID and mobile number as the same will be used for all further communication. These details are required for creating CAT login credentials.
- Enter your Name and DOB exactly as mentioned in your class 10 mark sheet.
- You cannot edit the details of name, date of birth, mobile number, and email id after creation of CAT registration user id and password. Make sure to enter those correctly.
- In case, you have made a mistake in the details of name, email id, or mobile number, you must register again using new email id.
- Recheck all the details before final submission of CAT application form.
- Documents to be uploaded as PDF (category certificates and scribe affidavit) have to be downloaded from the official website, printed and filled, scanned, and then uploaded.
- While uploading photographs and signatures, take note of the size and dimensions.
- The images should be in JPEG/ JPG format and the size should not be more than 80KB.
- It is mandatory to upload a recent photograph preferably having white background (it should not be older than 6 months). The same photo has to be pasted on the admit card of CAT.
CAT Application Form Correction Window 2023
CAT application correction window 2023 will be opened after the last date of CAT registration. The facility to edit details in CAT application form is provided only for 2-3 days. You can correct the mistakes in exam city preferences and images of signature and photograph. Only successfully registered candidates can make the correction in CAT application form. You can edit only these details during CAT form correction 2023:
- Photographs, signatures, or other uploaded documents
- Test city options
CAT Form Correction 2023: Uneditable Details
Candidates cannot edit the following details during the form correction window of CAT.
- Candidate Name
- Date of Birth (DOB)
- Email Address
- Mobile Number
Read More CAT 2023 Form Correction
Forgot CAT 2023 User ID and Password?
If a candidate has forgotten his/ her CAT registration/ user ID and password then they can follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Visit the official website and click on candidate login.
- After that, click on ‘Forgot Password or Forgot Registration Id’.
- You will be redirected to the password or registration Id generation page.
- Reset your password by generating an OTP or by answering the security question. Similarly, to get the registration Id an OPT will be shared on the registered mobile number.
CAT Registration Trends of Last 10 Years
Candidates can see a continuous rise in CAT registration over the past 10 years. An increase of 30% in CAT 2023 Registration is also recorded, highest ever with 3.3 lakh applicants. Given below are CAT registration trends of the past 10 years.
Last Year CAT Registration Statistics
CAT 2023 Registration Statistics will be updated after the conclusion of the exam on November 26, 2023. Till then, you can check last year CAT registration trends. In CAT 2022, a total of 2,22,184 students appeared out of 2,55,501 lakh registered candidates. Out of the 2.22 lakh candidates, 35% were female candidates and 65% were male candidates, & 4 were transgender candidates.
Admission to Top MBA Colleges in India Based on CAT 2023
|NITIE Mumbai (now renamed IIM Mumbai)
|KJ Somaiya Mumbai
|S P Jain Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai
|Great Lakes Chennai
|Delhi School of Management
CAT Registration 2023 FAQs
Ques. How do I register for CAT 2023?
Ans. Aspirants can fill CAT Registration Forms 2023 by visiting the official website- iimcat.ac.in. The stepwise procedure to complete CAT application process 2023 is given below for your convenience:
- Visit the official website and click on ‘New Candidate Registration’.
- Firstly, you need to generate CAT login id and password by filling in the basic details.
- Login again with your credentials and fill CAT application form for personal, academic, and test city details.
- Pay the registration fee for CAT and submit the form.
Ques. What is the last date for CAT Registration?
Ans. CAT Registration has started on August 2, 2023. Eligible candidates are now allowed to complete CAT Registration till September 21, 2023 (11:00 AM).
Ques. Can I register for CAT 2023 now?
Ans. CAT Registration process is started. IIM has opened the registration window for CAT 2023 on August 2 (at 10 AM) on the official website- iimcat.ac.in. Eligible candidates can register for CAT 2023 by visiting the official website now.
Ques. Can I submit CAT Registration Form offline?
Ans. No, there is no provision to submit CAT Registration Form offline. IIM Lucknow has released CAT registration form in online mode only. Hence, candidates must be prepared with the required hardware and software to submit the registration form for CAT 2023 online at iimcat.ac.in.
Ques. When should I apply for CAT 2023?
Ans. Once CAT registration forms are released on August 2, candidates must apply as early as possible to avoid any technical difficulties in the last days. Candidates with a bachelor’s degree with 50% marks (45% for reserved) can apply for CAT 2023 till the last date.
Ques. What is the registration link for CAT 2023?
Ans. CAT 2023 registration link is now activated on the official IIM CAT website- iimcat.ac.in. The same is also mentioned in the article above. Candidates can use CAT Registration link to apply for the exam.
Ques: When can I apply for CAT 2023?
Ans: CAT 2023 Registration begins on August 2. The application forms are released on the official website at iimcat.ac.in to be filled till September 21. You can apply for CAT 2023 now.
Ques: Who will release CAT 2023 Application Forms?
Ans: CAT 2023 conducting body, IIM Lucknow has released CAT 2023 application form. Every year, one of the 20 IIMs takes the responsibility of conducting the national level exam in the online mode.
Ques: How many attempts are there in CAT?
Ans: There is no limit to the number of attempts in CAT. If a candidate had applied for the exam last year then they are eligible to apply for the exam this year also.
Ques: I am not fulfilling the minimum marks criteria, can I fill CAT 2023 application form?
Ans: Last year, IIM had relaxed the minimum marks criteria, and candidates were allowed to fill the online application forms with only the Pass certificate issued by the college. However, for this year the updated eligibility criteria provides for 50% marks (45% for reserved categories).
Ques: Is qualification in Maths mandatory to become eligible for CAT registration?
Ans: No. CAT Eligibility Criteria 2023 is that the candidate must have completed a graduation degree in any discipline.
Ques. What is CAT Registration Fees 2023?
Ans. CAT Registration Fees 2023 has been increased. UR/ OBC candidates need to pay INR 2300 and SC/ ST/ PwD candidates need to pay INR 1150 as CAT Registration Fee. Candidates have to be pay the registration fee online via Credit Card, Debit Card, UPI, or Net Banking.
Ques. Which documents have to be uploaded during CAT registration process?
Ans. During CAT exam registration, candidates have to upload certain important documents including scanned image of photograph, scanned image of signature. Reserved category candidates have to fill and upload the category certificate PDF available on the official website- iimcat.ac.in. Also, PwD candidates have to upload duly-filled disability certificate pdf available for download at iimcat.ac.in.
Ques. Can I choose the language medium during CAT registration?
Ans. No, candidates cannot choose the language medium during CAT registration. CAT being a national-level exam is conducted only in the English language. CAT question paper is not available in any other language.
Ques. Is CAT Registration process online?
Ans. Yes, CAT registration process is completely online. All the steps involved in the registration process for CAT exam, i.e. user id generation, form filling, document uploading, and application fee payment are online.
Ques. How to recover CAT login password for completing the registration?
Ans. To recover CAT login password for registration, candidates must visit the official IIM CAT website and click on the link for ‘forgot password’. An OTP/ link will be sent on the registered mobile number/ email id to reset the CAT login details.
Ques. Can I make corrections in CAT registration form after submission?
Ans. After submission of CAT Registration Form, corrections are only allowed during CAT Form Correction window. IIM opens the form correction window for making corrections in the test city preferences and the uploaded documents for 2-3 days after the conclusion of CAT registration process.
Ques. Will CAT 2023 registration fee be refunded if I do not appear for the exam?
Ans. No, CAT registration fee once paid is non-refundable under any circumstances. Whether you sit for the exam or not, you will not be refunded CAT registration fee 2023.
Ques. Who should I contact in case of queries related to CAT Registration Form 2023?
Ans. If you have queries related to any process of CAT Registration Form 2023, can contact the authorities on the helpline number- 1-800-210-1088 (Toll Free) or send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ques. The name printed on my Aadhar card is different from the one mentioned in my class 10th certificate. Which name should I provide in CAT Registration Form?
Ans. Candidates are advised to provide the name as printed on their Aadhar card and get the same name printed on their class 10 certificate by following the required process.
Ques: I am awaiting my final semester results. What academic details should I put in CAT Registration Form?
Ans: If candidates do not have their final year marksheet with them, i.e if they are awaiting either the exams or the results, they should provide the last semester’s data in CAT registration form. So, if a candidate is awaiting the results of the final semester, he/ she can upload the details of the 5th semester.
Ques. I have completed my Bachelor’s degree recently but my University follows the grading system. How do I enter the graduation marks in CAT Application Form 2023?
Ans. If your mark sheet contains the equivalent percentage for the respective grades, you will enter the percentage equivalent to the grade scored by you in CAT application form 2023. If it’s not given, then contact your university and procure the equivalent percentage for your grade score for completing CAT 2023 Registration.
Ques. I have completed a dual degree program (B.Tech.+M.Tech. or B.Tech.+M.Sc. or BS+MS). How should I fill my aggregate percentage for graduation in CAT Registration Form?
Ans. If you have done dual degree programs, you can fill the aggregate of marks which are equivalent to the bachelor’s degree. If there are marks given in the Master’s category, fill it in the section for post graduation details during CAT Registration.
Ques. I have completed my education in the 10+2+2/10+1+1+2 pattern. How do I fill in my bachelor’s degree details during CAT Registration?
Ans. First ascertain that your degree is recognized by UGC, AIU or other equivalent bodies. If your degree is recognized, you can fill in the details as given below
- Enter 10th marks in the respective field.
- Enter 12th or next two year’s marks in 12th/HSC field.
- In the field for Bachelor’s degree marks select duration as 3 years and enter the respective marks. You must not forget to select the year of commencement and completion of the program accordingly.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.