GATE Latest Notifications
- 15 November, 2023 : GATE 2024 New Two Paper Combinations Released, Register till Nov 17
- 10 November, 2023 : GATE 2024 correction dates announced, Edit window open from Nov 18.
- 07 November, 2023 : GATE 2024 Syllabus for CSE, DA, ME, EE, ECE, CE available. Check Here.
- 07 November, 2023 : GATE Question Paper with Solution PDFs Available; Download Here.
GATE 2024 registration has been closed on October 20, however, IISc Bangalore has released new second paper combinations for candidates. Candidates who have registered for GATE 2024 can add new second paper (if not added previously) or change the second paper on the official website gate2024.iisc.ac.in. The last date to add or change the second paper is November 17.
Candidates who did not add second paper during registration and wish to add it now, have to pay the regular application fee of Rs. 500. No fees will be charged to candidates who want to change their second paper.
GATE Registration Fee 2024 has been increased for all categories. Women/SC/ ST/ PwD candidates need to pay INR 900 and all other candidates (including international students) must pay INR 1400 to register for the exam.
GATE 2024 form correction has been delayed. The correction window will be open from November 18 to November 24, 2023. Candidates who wish to make any changes in their registration form can apply at gate2024.iisc.ac.in.
There is no GATE 2024 age limit. Candidates who have completed their undergraduate degree or are currently in the 3rd year of their degree program can apply for GATE 2024. Check GATE 2024 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must choose up to three GATE 2024 Exam Centers of their choice during the registration process.
- IISc Banglore has withdrawn the international exam cities from GATE 2024. GATE 2024 will be conducted in 200+ cities in India only. International students applying for GATE 2024 must choose one of the cities in India to sit for the exam.
- While filling the online GATE application form 2024, candidates must upload scanned passport-size photo, signatures, and other required documents as per the prescribed guidelines. Check GATE 2024 Photo Size and Signature Upload Guidelines
GATE Application Form 2024 Dates
GATE Application Form 2024 release date has been announced along with the official notification. Candidates can check GATE Application Form 2024 release date in the table below-
|GATE 2024 Notification Release
|August 5, 2023
|GATE 2024 Application Form Release Date
|August 31, 2023
|Last Day to Fill GATE 2024 Application Form (without late fee)
|October 12, 2023
|Last Day to Fill GATE 2024 Application Form (with additional fee)
|October 20, 2023
|GATE 2024 Application for Adding or Changing Second Paper
|November 11 to November 17, 2024
|GATE 2024 Form Correction (Delayed)
November 18 to November 24, 2023
|GATE 2024 Admit Card Release
|January 3, 2024
|GATE 2024 Exam Dates
|February 3, 4, 10, 11, 2024
How to Fill GATE Application Form 2024?
For the ease of aspirants, the exam authority releases a guide for the successful submission of GATE Application Form. The process of applying for GATE 2024 comprises of the following steps-
- GATE Registration – Register as “New User” and proceed as mentioned in the guide. After successful registration, you will get access to GOAPS with the credentials you entered.
- Fill GATE Application Form 2024 – Login using GOAPS Enrollment ID and GOAPS Password and start filling the application form which include details such as educational qualification, personal details, etc.
- Upload Required Documents – Upload Image, Signature, Eligibility Certificate, SC/ST Certificate and PwD Certificate as per the given specifications.
- Payment of GATE Application Fees – Payment can be done through credit card, debit card, or net banking.
- Complete Declaration – Before submitting the application form, a candidate must read and accept the declaration statement without that you will not be able to submit the application form.
Step 1: GATE Registration 2024
To fill the online GATE Application Form 2024, candidates can register themselves first. New candidates can register by entering their full name and other details in the form given below.
- Enter your Personal Details like Name of the Candidate, Email Address, Country of Residence, Mobile Number
- Create your Password – It should be unique and 8-15 characters long.
- Enter the Captcha and click on ‘Submit. ‘
- If all the details are correct, an SMS and an email will be sent to your mobile number and email address.
- Enter details like a valid email address, mobile number and create a GOAPS password.
- GOAPS password must be unique. Avoid using Date of Birth, your name or some numbers (12345) or string of letters (abcd), etc.
- All communication will be done through the registered mobile number and email id.
- In the case of foreign students, all the communication will be done through email ID.
GOAPS Enrollment ID: After successful registration, an email containing the GOAPS Enrollment ID will be sent. This ID will be used for submitting GATE Application Form 2024, downloading GATE Admit Card and for the purpose of checking results and downloading the scorecard.
NOTE: Only one GATE application form can be filled through one email ID.
Step 2: Filling GATE Application Form 2024
Enter the Enrollment ID and Password to proceed with GATE Application Form filling process. There are 4 subsections under stage 2 of How to Apply for GATE 2024. The detailed process is explained below-
- GATE Exam Details: Select the GATE 2024 Paper you wish to appear in. Select your examination city and pick 3 choices of GATE 2024 Exam Centers. While selecting the exam cities, the first two choices must be of the same GATE Zone and the third one can be from any sector.
- Applicant’s Personal Details: Don’t forget to Verify Email Address and Mobile Number. On clicking the Verify Button, an OTP is sent to the registered email id and mobile number. Enter your personal details like Date of Birth, Gender, Nationality, Category etc.
- Correspondence Address: Add your Correspondence Address for future correspondence.
- Qualifying Degree Details: You are required to fill the details of your qualifying degree i.e. Name and discipline of the Qualifying degree, Name of college/ university, Passing year, etc.
Step 3: Upload Required Documents for GATE Registration
Images to be uploaded should be scanned beforehand and kept ready for uploading. Documents that are required to be uploaded are mentioned below-
|Size and Other Specifications
|Uploading of Documents
|Passport size photograph in the white background
|5 kb -200 kb
|3.5 cm Width × 4.5 cm Height with 60% - 70% of Face Coverage
Pixels Range from 240x320 – 480×640
|In JPEG / JPG format
|Signature in running handwriting
|5 kb-200 kb
|Area of signature must cover 70-80% of the image.
Pixels Range from 80×280 – 160×560
Sign with black or dark blue color ink only.
|Photo ID Proof
|Category Certificate wherever applicable
|PwD Certificate wherever applicable
|Certificate of Dyslexia
Also Check: GATE 2024 Documents Upload Guidelines
Step 4: Payment of GATE Application Fee 2024
- GATE Application Fee varies for Indian nationals and International candidates.
- The payment can be made via net banking facility/credit card or debit card only.
- E-challan mode of payment has been eliminated from the GATE registration process.
- GATE Application Fee is neither refundable nor transferable.
- As per the banking norms, additional online transaction charges will be applicable.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ PwD category have to upload valid documentary evidence for concession in fees.
GATE 2024 Registration Fee- Revised
Category wise GATE 2024 registration fee has been increased. The increased GATE 2024 Application Fee has been listed in the table below-
|Normal Application Fee
|Late Application Fee
|SC/ ST/ PwD
|All Other Candidates (including international students)
GATE 2024 Application Fee for International Candidates
This year IISc Banglore is going to conduct GATE 2024 only in India. International exam cities have been withdrawn from GATE 2024. The table below mentions the regular and late fee to be paid by international candidates.
|Normal Application Fee
|Late Application Fee
Payment Issues Resolvement GATE Registration 2024
In case the payment made is not reflected in the first go, You should not make another payment immediately. You should wait for at least two days, then check GATE 2024 Application Form Status. Another payment should be made in case of an unsuccessful payment. In case any extra payments are received, it will be automatically refunded to the respective bank account (it may take a week or more, after the closure of GATE Registration).
Step 5: Accepting the Declaration
Before submitting the application form in GOAPS portal, a candidate has to read and accept the declaration statement. Some of the points from the declaration are mentioned below. You cannot skip this step and the application form will only be submitted after you agree with the declaration.
- In the declaration, you have to confirm that the form is filled by you.
- You have understood each and every point in the form and fill up the details accordingly.
- I agree to strictly comply with the code of conduct for GATE 2024.
- If any of the information provided by me is found to be incorrect at any time later, my candidature for GATE 2024 will be cancelled.
- I shall be liable for legal action for providing any type of false information.
GATE Application Form Status 2024
If the status of your application is “Under Scrutiny”, you need not worry. Wait till the scrutiny team processes your application. Only those candidates whose applications need to be rectified in photo/signature/supporting documents will be contacted by email and SMS. The scrutiny process will continue even after the application portal is closed.
Forgot Enrollment ID or Password of GATE 2024?
In certain situations, enrollment id and password can be misplaced by a candidate. If need be, email id can also be used to access GATE Application Form 2024.
There are two options available to access the application form-
- Request for an OTP: If you remember the Enrollment ID/Email Address, but have forgotten Password, click on "Request for an OTP" to get One Time Password. Provide your registered mobile number and Enrollment ID/Email Address. Click on Reset Password to obtain a new one.
- Already have an OTP? : If you already have an OTP, click on "Already have an OTP?" to reset the password. Enter the following details to create a New Password-
- Enrollment ID/Email Address
- New Password
- Confirm New Password
- Password Specifications: Choose a password that cannot be guessed easily. It should be unique and 8-15 characters.
GATE 2024 Documents Required
Candidates must keep the following documents handy before initiating the registration process for GATE 2024. All the supporting documents mentioned below need to be uploaded while filling the online application form.
- You have to upload the PDF file of any one of the following valid photo identities.
- Valid IDs are Aadhaar- UID, Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, College ID, Employee ID, and Driving License.
- For international candidates, only a valid Passport / Government issued ID / College ID / Employee ID will be accepted as the recognized identification document.
- If you do not have any of these as your identity proof then please obtain any one of them before filling the application.
- The candidate has to produce the same original valid photo ID proof during the examination for verification purposes.
- If a candidate fails to show the original valid photo ID proof, then that candidate will not be allowed to enter the examination hall.
Category (SC/ ST) Certificate
- Candidates who belong to SC or ST category have to upload a valid documentary proof to get the concession in the application fee.
- A certificate issued by the authorized officials will be valid.
- The same document will be required during the time of admission.
- OBC-NCL and EWS candidates are not required to upload any category certificate while filling the online application form.
Person with Disability (PwD) Certificate
- Persons with Disability (PwD) candidates should attach a recently obtained PwD certificate issued by the competent authority. The benefit would be given to those who have a minimum 40% impairment irrespective of the type of disability.
- The same document will be required during the time of admission.
Certificate of Dyslexia
- Dyslexic candidates should attach a proper dyslexic certificate issued by any authorized Dyslexia Association.
- The scribe will be provided by the GATE authorities.
- The same document will be required during the time of admission.
GATE Form Correction 2024
After the submission of GATE Application Form, it goes under scrutiny where the authority checks and informs the candidates about the mistakes for the rectification. An additional fee is applicable for changing the details in the application form through GATE Form Correction window.
The following details can be edited before paying the application fee-
- Details like Communication Address, Graduation Details, Date of Birth, Gender and Category.
- One needs to upload a clear and acceptable image of the photograph and signature if they have not uploaded the high-quality images.
- The correct document defining the category status.
- The rectification of selection of the wrong status of qualifying examination along with its correct document can be submitted.
The changes that cannot be made in the submitted GATE Application Form 2024:
- The E-mail Id mentioned by the candidate
- Contact Number is given by the candidate
- Paper for attending GATE 2024
As the above-mentioned details cannot be edited, in case a mistake is made, you have to apply again for GATE 2024 with a new E-mail ID and Phone Number. It must be noted that the previous application fee shall not be refunded.
GATE Application Form 2024 FAQs
Ques. When will GATE Application Form 2024 be released?
Ans. GATE 2024 Application Form has been released on August 31, 2023. Candidates can register for GATE 2024 exam online on the official website, gate2024.iisc.ac.in.
Ques. What is GATE 2024 Application fees for Exam Center in Dubai and Singapore?
Ans. GATE 2024 is scheduled to be conducted only in India. International exam cities have been withdrawn. Therefore, international students who aspire to appear for GATE 2024 must select one of the exam cities in India. The application fee for international student is INR 1400.
Ques. Is it compulsory to submit a category certificate during the time of registration of GATE?
Ans. Yes. To get the benefits of the reservation during the time of counselling it is compulsory to mention your category while filling the online application form along with the uploading of the same document in the PDF format. Candidates cannot change the category during the time of the admission process.
Ques. My graduation was through a distance learning program, Can I apply for GATE 2024?
Ans: As long as your course on the basis of which you are applying is recognized by AICTE, you can apply for GATE 2024.
Ques. I completed my graduation in 2020 but I do not have my degree certificate or provisional certificate yet. What document should I upload to prove that I am eligible for GATE 2024?
Ans: A copy of your final year mark sheet or a declaration from your college Principal (or other competent authority) along with the signature and seal, may do the needful.
Ques. Can I register for more than one paper in GATE?
Ans. Yes, you can apply for 2 papers out of 30 for GATE 2024. You have the liberty to choose any paper according to your admission plans, keeping GATE Eligibility criteria in mind.
Ques. I am facing difficulty while uploading my signature. I have followed all the guidelines defined by the GATE authorities. What should I do now?
Ans. In this case, check the format in which you are trying to upload the document. Also, check the size and also do not resize the file. Check GATE 2024 Signature Guidelines
Ques. What is the GATE Application Fee for Foreign Nationals?
Ans. IISc Banglore has canceled all international exam centers for GATE 2024. Foreign or international candidates are thus required to pay the same GATE 2024 registration as Indian students. GATE application fee for foreign nationals is INR 1400.
Ques. Do I have to send any hard copy of the GATE Application Form 2024 to any authority?
Ans. No, you do not have to send any hard copy of the application form to any of GATE zonal offices. GATE Application Form 2024 is only available online. No offline application forms are released by the GATE conducting authorities.
Ques. When and how can I check my GATE Application Status?
Ans. You can check the status of your form by visiting the official website of GOAPS anytime and entering the required credentials.
Ques. I have submitted my application form and have generated a PDF file. Will I be able to make any changes in the GATE Application Form 2024 form now?
Ans. No, once the application is finally submitted and PDF is generated you can not make any changes.
Ques. What ID documents are required during GATE Registration 2024?
Ans. For Indian candidates, it is a Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhaar UID, College ID, Enrolment ID and Driving License. For International candidates, it is a valid Passport/ Government issued ID/ College ID/ Employee ID.
Ques. I am a student with 56 percent in MSc. Am I eligible to sit for the GATE 2024 entrance exam?
Ans. Passed a Master’s degree in any branch of Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent or currently appearing in the final year. Year of qualification must not be later than 2024.
Ques. What is the upper age limit for the GATE 2024 exam?
Ans. GATE 2024 Eligibility Criteria mandates a candidate to hold a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university/ institute in order to apply for the exam. There is no upper age limit for GATE 2024.
Ques. I can’t upload my signature, despite many attempts. I followed all the instructions and criteria specified while registering for GATE 2024. What should I do?
Ans. Please check the format of the file while registering for GATE 2024. Also, check the size. Kindly refrain from resizing the file.
Ques. How do I find out if my uploaded photograph is acceptable or not during GATE Registration 2024?
Ans. In case the photo you have uploaded is not accepted, you will get an email or SMS. After which, you can correct the photograph and other details. Kindly refrain from resizing the file. Declaration during GATE Registration 2024.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.